From: Jeff Cranmer <jcranmer01@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] realtek 8197 wireless card setup
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:16:32
1 I've tried to run through the instructions at
2 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_rtl8187.
3
4 The kernel is configured per that guide, and I get the message:
5 usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8187
6
7 When I try to run ifconfig wlan0 up, however, I get:
8 wlan0: unknown interface: no such device
9
10 I get the same result if I run ifconfig wlan up (net.wlan is the symlink that
11 I set up in /etc/init.d)
12
13 The wireless section of my /etc/conf.d/net file reads
14 mode_wlan="managed"
15 wpa_supplicant_wlan="-Dwext -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant_RTL8187.conf"
16 config_wlan=( "dhcp" )
17 dhcp_wlan="-R -G"
18
19 wpa_supplicant has been emerged.