From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:13:58
1 Norberto Bensa wrote:
2 > Quoting Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3 >
4 >> It is software on mine. I can boot the new kernels and it is jumpy as
5 >> crap. It is really slow to respond and when it does, it just jerks all
6 >> over the place and is difficult to click on links and buttons. I can
7 >> reboot with the old kernel and it works fine, just like it should. Same
8 >> mouse, same computer, same everything except a different kernel. I can
9 >> repeat that process and get the same results every time.
10 >
11 > Do you use evdev?
15 > ----------------------------------------------------------------
16 > This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
22 This is what I have installed according to equery:
23
24 root@smoker / # equery list dev
25 [ Searching for package 'dev' in all categories among: ]
26 * installed packages
27 [I--] [ ~] kde-base/kdewebdev-meta-3.5.10 (3.5)
28 [I--] [ ] sys-fs/device-mapper-1.02.24-r1 (0)
29 [I--] [ ] sys-fs/udev-124-r1 (0)
30 root@smoker / #
31
32 Point is, the only thing that changes is the kernel. Same KDE, same
33 user, same everything except for the kernel. Is there something
34 different that the new kernels require with regard to udev? Do I need a
35 newer unstable udev installed for the new kernels?
36
37 Dale
38