From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Fresh install and problem with net.* init.d script
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:39:41
1 On 24/07/2013 19:51, Steven J. Long wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> you forgot that shared library nonsense. Every app should just bundle
4 >> static copies of everything it needs and leave it up to the dev to deal
5 >> with bugs and security issues
6 >
7 > And you forgot: -lc prob'y because it's not required. -lrt comes into play too.
8 > I'd recommend a book or two, but I have the feeling you're not a coder, and your
9 > only response has been derogatory, so I don't think you'd get very far with them.
10 >
11 > Shame really, you and Neil were two of the people I most respected on this list.
15 Hey dude, lighten up a bit.
16
17 Neil and I are more than double the average age on this list.
18 We're full of shit. And both British. So we're both full of shit twice.
19
20 Peace and hugz OK?
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com