From: "Håkon Alstadheim" <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Flaky USB 3.0
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 06:25:35
1 Den 08. sep. 2015 05:32, skrev James:
2 > Håkon Alstadheim <hakon <at> alstadheim.priv.no> writes:
5 >> In a nutshell:
6 >> My PCIE USB 3.0 card keeps quitting, eg. no light from my laser mouse.
7 > I see no advantage to using usb3 for a mouse. Try to plug into another
8 > usb port. Look at your mobo manual and find one that is usb-2 and see
9 > if the mouse does not work reliable on that usb-2 port. This should
10 > at least get your mouse working correctly as you experiment/debug
11 > the usb-3 with other devices that need that sort of bw.
12 >
13 I use the mouse primarily for testing. It is a dead simple device that
14 always works, it is an old HP mouse. It gives off a nice red light when
15 the USB bus is operating, so it is easy to spot when there is any sign
16 of life.
17
18 I need a separate PCI device that I can pass through to a Xen domain.
19 Xen usb is in a bit of a flux at the moment. I've looked online for PCIE
20 USB 2.x cards, but there are none to be found. For my linux guests I can
21 use usbip, but I have not found a usbip driver for windows. Anyhow usbip
22 gets unwieldy when I have several domains that need keyboard&mouse.
23
24 The PCIE usb card is still dead, I've found out that ASUS released a new
25 bios, barely half a year after the last update. Installed the latst BIOS
26 last night, but the only thing that bought me was another couple of
27 hours re-entering (from memory) the settings that I needed to get things
28 working. Back to square one.