From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 15:46:56
1 On 17/12/2016 16:35, Heiko Baums wrote:
2 > Am 17.12.2016 um 14:17 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
3 >
4 >> I'm running the Debian 7 version of Raspbian on a number of Pis, all
5 >> without systemd. Yes, I am happy using systemd, but I can't be arsed
6 >> changing them when they continue to work perfectly well.
7 >
8 > Then explain me how this is done. Btw., Debian's and Raspbian's software
9 > repositories are somewhat outdated. But that's a different Debian
10 > related subject.
11
12 It's not Neil's job to solve your problems. It's your job.
13
14 Neil isn't offering a solution to you, he's trying to guide your
15 thoughts in a direction where you can see solutions, so please stop
16 asking him (or anyone else) to find them for you.
17
18 Nobody ever guaranteed that you would have, or not have, systemd. It is
19 simply there and it is what it is. Software comes and goes, but you
20 always have the original promise - there is nothing in this world
21 stopping you from building software the way you want it. That's what
22 Stallman did - he didn't like the current landscape so did something
23 about it. You have that same right.
24
25 You have the right to use the code anyway you see fit. Red Hat has the
26 same right, and they are only answerable to their users. Nowhere does it
27 say Red Hat has to listen to you and write code for your benefit; also
28 nowhere does it say that Red Hat is permitted to stop you doing whatever
29 you want.
30
31 So now you know what your job is, get cracking.
32
33 Started coding yet?
36 Alan McKinnon
37 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com