From: Branko Grubic <bitlord0xff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] conf.d/net routes
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 19:14:30
1 On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 11:54:48 -0700
2 Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > What is the exact syntax of the *_routes lines in the /etc/conf.d/net
5 > file, or where is it documented?
6 >
7 > The wiki gives a couple of examples, but they are all either just for
8 > dhcp (so no configurable routes) or else they are of the form
9 >
10 > eth0_routes="default via eth0"
11 >
12 > "via" is not something I can use on the command line of the route
13 > command, at least according to its manpage. So it can't be just
14 > straight repetition of the command line. But then, what is it?
15 >
16 > Motivation: I want to add a route for a point-to-point interface.
19 Some examples you can find
20 in /usr/share/doc/netifrc-0.5.1/net.example.bz2
21
22 Replace netifrc version with one installed on your system.