From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Computer does not boot
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 04:41:46
1 J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> [15-02-01 05:40]:
2 > On 31 January 2015 18:50:19 CET, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > >Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> [15-01-31 18:12]:
4 > >> After recent upgrade my computer doesn't want to boot. I did not do
5 > >> anything with grub or kernel.
6 > >> I get a bios flash and next is message:
7 > >>
9 > >> GRUB loading stage2
10 > >>
11 > >> and computer goes back reboot cycle, flash bios and the same massage
12 > >is
13 > >> displayed.
14 > >> What went wrong during update?
15 > >>
16 > >> --
17 > >> Joseph
18 > >>
19 > >
20 > >Hi Joseph,
21 > >
22 > >may be only a accidental coincidence...
23 > >One thing I can think of is an empty bios coin cell.
24 >
25 > If that battery is flat, the bios will complain settings are gone.
26 > Why would that cause grub to fail?
27
28 Dont know the reason...I only experienced it several times...
29
30 Regards
31 Meino
35 > --
36 > Joost
37 >
38 > --
39 > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.