From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with KOrganizer and Google calendar
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 17:33:05
1 On 2021.11.12 03:21, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 11 November 2021 22:37:56 GMT Jack wrote:
3 > > I use KDE, and have configured KOrganizer to access my Google
4 > > Calendar. Unfortunately, I very often open KOrganizer, and my
5 > Google
6 > > events are simply not present, and that calendar is not even shown
7 > in
8 > > the list at the lower left. I have no other calendars configured,
9 > and
10 > > don't use a local calendar. If I do Settings/Configure KOrganizer,
11 > and
12 > > select the Calendars tab, I see the Google Groupware entry with my
13 > > email address. Selecting it and hitting the "Restart" button seems
15 > > give it the appropriate blow to the head, and everything appears as
16 > > expected. I suppose I'll end up posting to one of the KDE forums,
17 > but
18 > > figured someone here might have a clue or hint about troubleshooting
19 > > this issue.
20 >
21 > Have you enabled automatic updates? I was suffering similar to you
22 > until I
23 > disabled it, and now all seems fine.
24 Thanks, Peter.
25
26 I see a checkbox for "Enable interval refresh", but if I turn this off,
27 when will the desktop pick up any changes made to the calendar on other
28 devices? I'll try turning it off - hopefully the "refresh" or "update
29 folder" will handle this. I have also had times when I've had to
30 delete an even multiple times before that delete managed to actually
31 get pushed up to Google. I'd restart KOrganizer, and the event just
32 shows up again.
33
34 Jack