From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Homebuilt Mobo bundles
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:47:34
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > [OT]
4 > Why does everyone else have a CPU that is so much hotter than mine.
5 > Mine has never been over 40C or about 100F and I run folding with my rig
6 > in my bedroom. Even back when this rig was new and people had rigs
7 > close to mine, I still ran cooler. I'm even air cooled. Water and
8 > puters make me nervous.
9 > [/OT]
10
11 I'd be mighty suspicious of a incorrect sensor. There is really no
12 way the cpu itself is never over 102. Assuming, that is, we're not
13 talking about a `vic-20', or `commodore 64'. and I would not be surprised
14 if those cpus didn't go over 100.