From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Homebuilt Mobo bundles
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:58:12
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> [OT]
6 >> Why does everyone else have a CPU that is so much hotter than mine.
7 >> Mine has never been over 40C or about 100F and I run folding with my rig
8 >> in my bedroom. Even back when this rig was new and people had rigs
9 >> close to mine, I still ran cooler. I'm even air cooled. Water and
10 >> puters make me nervous.
11 >> [/OT]
14 > I'd be mighty suspicious of a incorrect sensor. There is really no
15 > way the cpu itself is never over 102. Assuming, that is, we're not
16 > talking about a `vic-20', or `commodore 64'. and I would not be surprised
17 > if those cpus didn't go over 100.
21 This is a Abit NF7 v2.0 mobo with a AMD 2500+ CPU. I have even checked
22 the BIOS temps and they are very close, if not a little lower, than what
23 Gkrellm reports. From what I have found with google, no one has
24 reported them to have errors. I figure the only reason the BIOS may be
25 a little lower is that it is just starting up.
26
27 I don't have any reason not to think they are correct. The temps change
28 with load and a change in room temp. I have seen it get close to 100F
29 when I forgot to leave the A/C on one time. I do have a large CPU
30 cooler tho. It's a ThermalTake Volcano 12 with the fans set to adjust
31 with the temps.
34 Dale
35