From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to know when a package is due to go stable?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:47:58
1 There are several packages that were thrown around on the list, or versions
2 of packages, that I've come across that I figure I might want to take an
3 active interest in. However, to avoid sending my boxes into a tailspin, I'm
4 staying away from installing the still in development versions. What I'd
5 like to know though is if there's some means of knowing if/when, as an
6 example, a newer version of Portage is supposed to be considered stable. If
7 not then I can always keep an eye on the relevant RSS feeds, but it was
8 mostly just curiosity on my part. Thanks either way.
9
10 James