From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Poor mans audio in the world of the great Jack D.
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 15:29:23
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> [15-05-19 03:02]:
2 > <Meino.Cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
5 > > From time to time I come across software, which directly wants
6 > > to talks to good ole' alsa and get kicked by Sensei Jack D. for accessing
7 > > a device, which already is occupied by him...
8 >
9 > Well, this is a different question depending if you are asking for a
10 > gentoo workstation/server or one of your 'embedded' gentoo boards....?
13 > > Is there any way to go or any software to install which enables me to use
14 > > Jack D.'ed software and alsa-acessing without shutting down and
15 > > restarting that grandmaster Jack D. ?
18 > I ran across this qt 'audio app' some time ago but have yet to download it
19 > and see what it can do. *maybe* it'll fill the need you have?
20 >
21 > media-sound/qjackctl http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/
24 > > Meino
25 >
26 > hth,
27 > James
30 And master James moved slightly and asked a simply question.
31 Suddenly the novice was enlighted.
32 He answers "It is used for my PC." And after a while he added:
33 "I want to decode sstv and weather fax."
34 And in the distant a little radio whispers
35 "Di da da di di da da da di da di di".
36 And the fog raises and everything becomes clear as it was in
37 the beginning.