From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udev (viable) alternatives ?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 00:23:39
1 On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 07:03:02PM +0000, James wrote
2 > Samuli Suominen <ssuominen <at> gentoo.org> writes:
5 > > > Any other caveats (short term) on switching udev to eudev?
6 >
7 > > in fact, from what I last checked, eudev's networking is at same level
8 > > with udev-208, from time before the .link support at all
9 >
10 > ah, back when ethernet defaulted to eth0 not "enp5s0" ?
11
12 I buy machines with one ethernet interface. What I find particularly
13 annoying is this doublespeak about calling it "predictable". Before the
14 change, it was predicatbly "eth0". Now, it's different on every
15 different model.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications