From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: udev (viable) alternatives ?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 19:03:40
1 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > > Any other caveats (short term) on switching udev to eudev?
5
6 > in fact, from what I last checked, eudev's networking is at same level
7 > with udev-208, from time before the .link support at all
8
9 ah, back when ethernet defaulted to eth0 not "enp5s0" ?
12 > eudev is really useful only for sys-libs/musl users at this time, but
13 > you are free to experiment with it!
14
15 so lilblue (Anthony's amd64 hardened gentoo) is the only candidate I can
16 think of with musl? So I choose this, then profile must be set to:
17
18 (eslect profile list):
19 [16] hardened/linux/musl/amd64
22 I'd be better of with a fresh install of lilblue + musl + eudev
23 is what you are really saying here?
26 James