From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is starting xdm enough to see something in X?
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 20:06:59
1 On Fri, 22 May 2009 12:19:40 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > If there is absolutely no difference then I don't need to bother with
4 > this. If there is then I do. The real issue here is that Myth doesn't
5 > work. If I can be certain that displaying Myth apps on a remote
6 > screen, such as mythtv-setup or mythfrontend, is really the same then
7 > I'll just do that. However those apps are currently failing so I'm
8 > trying to eliminate issues, and possibly creating one I don't care
9 > about in doing that!
10
11 My mythbackend box does not have xorg-server installed. I run
12 mythtv-setup over SSH with no problems.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 When you are out of whack, the best thing to do is to order more whack.