From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Transferring an existing install to new disk
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:35:59
1 On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 01:35:32 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > Rather, I'd like to build up a newly installed gentoo to the point
4 > where it has all the stuff I want. But do it inside a vmware virtual
5 > machine.
6 >
7 > I'm trying to keep my working desktop in place until such time as the
8 > vmware gentoo setup is ready
9
10 If you're installing to a new disk, do a standard Gentoo install to that
11 disk, but do it from your working setup instead of the live CD
12 environment. Your existing installation has all the tools you need to
13 build a new setup in a chroot.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it
20 is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's. It
21 isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
22 -- Oxford University Press, Edpress News