From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Transferring an existing install to new disk
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:04:14
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > If you're installing to a new disk, do a standard Gentoo install to that
4 > disk, but do it from your working setup instead of the live CD
5 > environment. Your existing installation has all the tools you need to
6 > build a new setup in a chroot.
7
8 I'm having a bit of a thick skulled problem understanding what you
9 mean above.
10
11 I can't think of how I would do a fresh install to a new disk from a
12 working vmware guest on a different machine or even on the same
13 machine for that matter.
14
15 Can you explain a few details... maybe I'll catch on.