From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OCR for music (OMR)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 11:39:13
1 On 20/10/19 13:39, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I'm on the lookout for an application which can convert musical notation from
5 > scanned bitmap copies/pdf files to midi files. Apparently there are some apps
6 > in the Apple store, but I have not yet found anything in portage.
7 >
8 > Do you have experience using any tools for this purpose?
9 >
10 I'm not aware of any apps at all. Rosegarden is a midi editor, and might
11 have some scanning ability. Lilypond is a music publishing program and
12 can generate midi output. If you transcribed your music into either of
13 those programs (Rosegarden would be best) you can generate midi, but
14 that's work you clearly would rather avoid ...
15
16 Cheers,
17 Wol