From: daniel@×××××.nl
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OCR for music (OMR)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 14:27:29
1 I vaguely remember using some windows based program when archiving old music.
2 The community in question had maps full of paper scores and making them
3 digital would have made it much more compact and versatile. However even back
4 then I remember manually writing lilypond files. I did use Linux at that time
5 but wasn't aware of any OMR tools.
6
7 Eventually I stopped visiting and the project fell out of favor due to the
8 immense manual labour. Literally hundreds of sheet music ranging from single
9 page meant for the artists up to the combined score for the conductor.
10
11 A quick search led me to audiveris. I have no experience but it might do what
12 you want. It has the option to export to MusicXML. I tried to use Rosegarden
13 to read a MusicXML which "worked". It did get the notes right, but alternated
14 with trebble and bass lines, being a somewhat monophonic end result.
15
16 Hope this helps
17
18 Daniel