From: Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: !!!!
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 09:29:08
1 On Tue, 18 Aug 2015, John Campbell wrote:
2 > On 08/18/2015 06:38 PM, walt wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:03:31 -0700
4 > > John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > I haven't really been following this closely but I haven't seen any
7 > > > suggestion to use "emerge -1 --quiet=y smart-live-rebuild" to remove
8 > > > the offending curses output. Hopefully emerge doesn't check/use
9 > > > curses unless it's producing actual output.
10
11 From the initial post it seems that the binary that has a problem is
12 bash/sh. They are both linked against tinfo/ncurses. And since portage
13 runs using bash... you see where I'm going with this. You could maybe use
14 a different shell (although I can't imagine a shell not using the terminal
15 capabilities ;) ), but still wouldn't be able to use portage.
18 > Maybe "emerge --quiet=y -a @smart-live-rebuild"
19
20 Smart live rebuild only deals with live ebuilds. How would it help in this
21 case?