From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to save ps file from OpenOffice writer?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:39:48
1 Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2 >
3 > after a few test it looks obvious OO on gentoo suffer from the samiliar
4 > problem as oo on Windows (sorry to mension Windows again). On my gentoo
5 > there is only one printer installed on cups that is a LaserJet. Later I
6 > discovered all PS files I provided are grayscale, and there is no
7 > possibility to switch to color. On one other gentoo computer the PS
8 > output is colorful thanks to the color printer installed.
9 >
10 > This is not perfect but nevertheless I managed to make PS files. I only
11 > need to take the ODT file to my another gentoo computer who has color
12 > printer and make the PS, this is much simpler then asking Windows user
13 > for help.
14 >
15 > Certainly I could share my color printer. Is there an even better
16 > (perfect) way?
17
18 You shouldn't need a physical printer attached in order to configure a "dummy" postscript color printer driver for cups.
19
20 Zac
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list