From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to save ps file from OpenOffice writer?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:21:31
1 W.Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 >This is a gentoo list - nobody here really cares what OO on windows
4 >does :)
5 >
6 >However, I produce pdf's all the time using standard tools from the
7 >linux OO generated postcript files and the doze users seem happy. The
8 >postscript is pretty standard it seems, my only beef is that more
9 >control (resolution, DPI etc) isn't available.
12 after a few test it looks obvious OO on gentoo suffer from the samiliar
13 problem as oo on Windows (sorry to mension Windows again). On my gentoo
14 there is only one printer installed on cups that is a LaserJet. Later I
15 discovered all PS files I provided are grayscale, and there is no
16 possibility to switch to color. On one other gentoo computer the PS
17 output is colorful thanks to the color printer installed.
18
19 This is not perfect but nevertheless I managed to make PS files. I only
20 need to take the ODT file to my another gentoo computer who has color
21 printer and make the PS, this is much simpler then asking Windows user
22 for help.
23
24 Certainly I could share my color printer. Is there an even better
25 (perfect) way?
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list