From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ways to update portage
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:48:47
1 I have this server at work, it has been running ok for a long time,
2 but I'd like to install some new apps to it, but I have a strongly
3 configured firewall (no rsync) and emerge-webrsync seems to fail every
4 time.
5
6 Is there another way to update portage tree? For my first update I
7 downloaded the snapshot and decompressed it directly to the filesystem
8 (but that requires a reboot and its kinda "brute force"). Is there a
9 way to download the snapshot and make emerge or even emerge-webrsync
10 to use the downloaded file instead of trying to download a new one?
11
12 Thanks for any sugestion.
15 Daniel da Veiga
16 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil