From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my data gone?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:57:32
1 On Friday 30 April 2010 00:43:41 dhk wrote:
2 > While setting up a new disk I accidentally ran "mke2fs /dev/sda1"
3 > instead of "mke2fs /dev/hda1". When I realized the mistake (about 2
4 > seconds later) I hit Ctrl-C before mke2fs was done. Now I can't mount
5 > the drive. Is there a way to read the drive to get the data off or is
6 > it unrecoverable?
9 For all practical intents and purposes, and for all reasonable values of
10 "effectively", your data is effectively gone.
11
12 Money, lots of money, could tip the sales in your favour.
13
14 This is why you made backups. You did make backups, right?
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com