From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Solved: ABI_X86=
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 21:09:11
1 On 29/02/2016 18:59, James wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >>>> ABI_X86="32 64"
6 >
7 >>> Well this just worked fine, but, I'm curious if this (ABI_X86="32 64")
8 >>> setting in make.conf should be part of any selected profile for amd_64 ?
9 >
10 >> It's not in any profiles, you have to set it manually. Doing it globally
11 >> like you did compiles 32 and 64 bit versions of everything, that will
12 >> make most gentooers whinge mightily
15 > Is there a provision (mechanism) to have this autoset, if a package dependency
16 > call for it? The system was fine for a quite a while until I forced it to
17 > only install 64 bit libs. What's the proper (auto) fix, as I do not remember
18 > having to have all of these 32 bit libs before, only a few?
21 There isn't an auto-fix to my knowledge, other than setting the flag
22 globally in make.conf. At heart ABI_X86 is a USE flag and follows all
23 the rules of USE flags - you set them globally or per-package.
24
25 Do you have an automagic method to enable mysql support for postfix in
26 one step that will set all needed USE? Mo? Well, there isn't one for
27 ABX_X86 either. You set the flag on for the 32 bit apps you have, and
28 follow the chain of incompatible USE all the way to the end. It's a
29 major pain in the butt.
33 Alan McKinnon
34 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com