From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Solved: ABI_X86=
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 16:59:53
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > >> ABI_X86="32 64"
5
6 > > Well this just worked fine, but, I'm curious if this (ABI_X86="32 64")
7 > > setting in make.conf should be part of any selected profile for amd_64 ?
8
9 > It's not in any profiles, you have to set it manually. Doing it globally
10 > like you did compiles 32 and 64 bit versions of everything, that will
11 > make most gentooers whinge mightily
14 Is there a provision (mechanism) to have this autoset, if a package dependency
15 call for it? The system was fine for a quite a while until I forced it to
16 only install 64 bit libs. What's the proper (auto) fix, as I do not remember
17 having to have all of these 32 bit libs before, only a few?
20 suggestions?
21
22 James