From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Solved: ABI_X86=
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 22:20:28
1 On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 16:59:27 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > Is there a provision (mechanism) to have this autoset, if a package
4 > dependency call for it? The system was fine for a quite a while until I
5 > forced it to only install 64 bit libs. What's the proper (auto) fix, as
6 > I do not remember having to have all of these 32 bit libs before, only
7 > a few?
8
9 The --autounmask option for emerge, which is on be default, partially
10 automates this. --autounmask-write takes it a small step further, but you
11 still have to run etc-update to apply the changes.
12
13 man emerge explains more.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Sometimes too much to drink is not enough.