From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Upgrading gcc: both 4.4 and 4.5 needed?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:00:46
1 Hi,
2 today I upgraded gcc from 4.4.5 to the last stable version
3 4.5.3-r1. I followed "Gentoo GCC Upgrade Guide":
4
5 # emerge -uav gcc
6 # gcc-config 2
7 # env-update && source /etc/profile
8 # emerge --oneshot libtool
9
10 # emerge --depclean
11 # revdep-rebuild
12
13 But at the and I noticed gcc 4.4 has not been unmerged
14 and my "world" file is somehow larger. To my surprise,
15 it contains these lines:
16
17 sys-devel/gcc
18 sys-devel/gcc:4.4
19
20 I did full backup before, so I compared world-file before
21 and after gcc-upgrade just to find out, these two lines
22 have been really inserted now, during gcc-upgrade. And my
23 question is: what does it mean? Does my system need now
24 both gcc 4.4 and 4.5? Why is actually gcc in world-file,
25 when it is part of system?
26
27 Jarry
31 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
32 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.