From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /var/db gone: possible opportunity to switch profile
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 19:58:10
1 Hi,
2
3 On Saturday, 10. September 2011 16:41:39 Francisco Ares wrote:
4 > Hi All,
5 >
6 > I have managed to delete /var/db. I know this was a very stupid thing to be
7 > done, but now it is done and /var/db is gone for good.
8
9 *bummer*
10
11 > Well, that is a good opportunity to have everything built again, time to try
12 > new CFLAGS, and so on.
13 >
14 > But there is a circular dependency that I do not know how to get rid of:
15 > "glibc" and "gcc" depend on each other. They are both here, but portage does
16 > not know that.
17 > How am I supposed to go on?
18
19 emerging the one or the other with --nodeps could solve this.
20
21 > By the way, I have a Pentium Core 2 Quad and I am using a "x86" profile. How
22 > would I switch to a "amd64" ? As far as I know, my processor is capable of
23 > this.
24
25 Afaik it's not possible to "upgrade" a running 32bit system to a 64bit one.
26
27 > Thanks
28 > Francisco
29