From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /var/db gone: possible opportunity to switch profile
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 20:11:19
1 On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > On Saturday, 10. September 2011 16:41:39 Francisco Ares wrote:
6 > > Hi All,
7 > >
8 > > I have managed to delete /var/db. I know this was a very stupid thing to
9 > be
10 > > done, but now it is done and /var/db is gone for good.
11 >
12 > *bummer*
16 tell me...
20 > > Well, that is a good opportunity to have everything built again, time to
21 > try
22 > > new CFLAGS, and so on.
23 > >
24 > > But there is a circular dependency that I do not know how to get rid of:
25 > > "glibc" and "gcc" depend on each other. They are both here, but portage
26 > does
27 > > not know that.
28 > > How am I supposed to go on?
29 >
30 > emerging the one or the other with --nodeps could solve this.
31 >
32 > > By the way, I have a Pentium Core 2 Quad and I am using a "x86" profile.
33 > How
34 > > would I switch to a "amd64" ? As far as I know, my processor is capable
35 > of
36 > > this.
37 >
38 > Afaik it's not possible to "upgrade" a running 32bit system to a 64bit one.
41 I was already considering a fresh install. Now it seems more tempting.
45 > > Thanks
46 > > Francisco
47 >
48 > Hth,