From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing pulseaudio
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 20:13:45
1 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > <<SNIP>>
3 > I will divulge that I happen to like Gnome and PulseAudio, and so
4 > consider me biased. I did find the /usr thing with udev to be kind of
5 > inconvenient since I did happen to have a separate /usr, but I dealt
6 > with it and am grateful to have a free udev that I can use.
7 >
8 > <<SNIP>>
9
10 I dealt with udev too. I switched to something that doesn't force me to
11 chose having /usr on / or having a init thingy. Since I switched, I can
12 have /usr on its own partition and not have a init thingy. Having
13 options worked very well. Not having a option would not have ended as
14 well for me and others.
15
16 For me, I just didn't like the way udev was going so I, and others,
17 complained a lot and when someone came up with a better plan, I switched
18 as I'm sure others did too. If people that use Gnome don't like
19 pulseaudio, they should have a option to use something else. If they
20 don't have that option, then in my opinion it is perfectly acceptable
21 for a person to say they don't like it. If everyone just goes along and
22 doesn't say anything, then people that can make a option won't know one
23 is needed to begin with .
24
25 I shortened the above but since you mentioned using windoze instead of
26 Linux, that is not a option here. I'll donate money/time or whatever I
27 can to Linux but I will NOT pay for a OS that is even half as crappy as
28 windoze. I have never bought anything M$ and have no plans to ever do
29 it either. It just is not a option for me. I have family/friends that
30 use windoze and that is about all I can stand. Actually, I switched my
31 brother about a year ago. I switched him to Kubuntu but it still beats
32 the stuffins out of windoze.
33
34 Just my $0.02 worth.
35
36 Dale
37
41 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!