From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VFS: Cannot open root device - kernel panic
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 02:32:35
1 > Device Drivers:
2 >
3 > Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers --->
4 >
5 > one below scsi, two below ide.
6
7 Yes, I combed through that and set all the necessary options there
8 before, so I doubt this is the problem...
9
10 I've just reconfigured the kernel and recompiled it on another fresh
11 install... When the kernel compile finished, it said "Root device is
12 (8, 3)." What does that actually mean? Does it mean that I should be
13 telling grub that root is (hd8, 3) instead of (hd0, 0)? Or not?
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list