From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [UDEV] No network on startup
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:33:02
1 On 1/22/07, Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 > So I downgraded to udev-103 again and now I get the error message (on
4 > startup) that /lib/udev/net.sh cannot be executed, because this file
5 > doesn't exist!
6 > I also tried reemerging udev, but it didn't help.
7
8 What kernel version are you using. I suspect the problem with -104
9 may be due to using an older kernel version. Also downgrading udev
10 can be tricky, because it may leave orphaned files around (which seems
11 to be the problem you are having with -103).
12
13 A guideline when upgrading udev:
14 - be sure to run etc-update/dispatch-conf and accept any file
15 modifications for /etc/udev/rules.d/. The only file you should modify
16 in here is 10-local.rules, and udev shouldn't touch it.
17
18 A guideline when downgrading udev:
19 - run etc-update/dispatch-conf just as when upgrading
20 - Also check each file in /etc/udev/rules.d with "equery belongs" to
21 find any orphans and consider removing them. Again, your rules in
22 10-local.rules should be ok to keep.
23
24 -Richard
25 --