From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Scary Paritioning - Need Help
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 19:03:26
1 On 10/21/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > · Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>:
3 > > I'm just scared to
4 > > use it because I don't know how.
5 >
6 > Read the man page. The easiest usage (and I assume most common) is:
7
8 I did read the man page. The whole thing. If counfused the heck out
9 of me. I just got so scared I'd start writing over blocks belonging
10 to another partition or something...
11
12 What I ended up doing was backing up all my data to DVD (something I
13 should do periodically anyways) and then reinstalling the whole OS.
14 Works just fine, and I got rid of a whole mess of junk I installed and
15 then found out that I don't want installed.
16
17 > BTW: One of the most valuable tips already given in this thread
18 > was to use EVMS or LVM. With EVMS or LVM, you just don't have
19 > problems like this.
20
21 Next time I'm installing a system I'll look for that. I know LVM is a
22 very powerful tool, but I haven't used it yet.
26 GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+
27 L++ E--- W+(+++) N++ o? K? w--- O? M+
28 V? PS- PE+ Y-(--) PGP- t+++ 5? X R tv-- b+
29 DI+++ D+ G e* h- !r !y
30 ========= END GCv3.12 ========
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list