From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo & GRUB help
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:06:56
1 --- BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > When Grub came up, it was
3 > thinking hdb equalled hd0 instead of hd1. So while it worked fine
4 > with
5 > hd1 from the CD (it didn't like hd0 then), it was mixed up when grub
6 > actually ran.
7
8 > Any suggestions on how to fix this so that grub runs well from within
9 > Linux?
10
11 Ok, well - I got it working by setting up grub.conf to focus on hd0,
12 while at the grub prompt I referred to it as hd1. That is, imho, just
13 weird, and another reason why LILO wins out in my book as LILO matches
14 Linux's device names pretty well.
15
16 Now if I can just figure out this "base-layout-1" versus
17 "base-layout-2" thing that Device Mapper and LVM init scripts are
18 complaining about. (Tips welcomed!)
19
20 Thanks!
21