From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL Upgrade
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 05:23:13
1 On Wednesday 02 November 2005 05:47 pm, kashani wrote:
2
3 > Don't think you could have brought up the fact that you're complaining
4 > about the shortcomings of Mysql in an entirely different class than I
5 > and likely the original poster were talking about? I'd have wanted to
6 > know a bit more about the setup before attempting to needlessly
7 > complicating everything.
8
9 And I dont think you listened to me. I told her that mysqldump and
10 mysqlhotcopy isnt the best, but WILL work for her.. Look at it again.
11
12 > So yes, if your db is 20 GB or less, what I mentioned will probably
13 > work without too much trouble. If your db is 100 GB or larger, you're
14 > likely spending enough on hardware and software to solve your issues
15 > that some vendor will offer to buy you flaming Tiki drinks so it's not
16 > all bad.
17
18 I hope you didnt take you all night to think of this, its really not that
19 good.
20
21 Jeff
22 --