From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: checking whether the C compiler works... no Oooops !!
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 23:59:23
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale writes:
5 >> Dale wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> On the list of things to do. Running python-updater now will run that
8 >>> next.
9 >>>
10 >
11 >> Well, this ain't good. Neither python-updater nor revdep-rebuild can
12 >> complete. Either it is a missing package or some other error. Am I to
13 >> the point where I have to reinstall?
14 >>
15 > Add the --keep-going option for emerge. Python-updater and revdep-rebuild
16 > then will continue after an error, and give you a list of packages that
17 > failed at the end. You can deal with them later.
18 > I also suggest using -j (and --load-average=XX in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS), this
19 > gives a nice overview of what's done and what not.
20 >
21 > You need to put '--' before these options for emerge so revdep-
22 > rebuild/python-updater will not take them as their own arguments.
23 >
24 > Wonko
29 I already have --keep-going in make.conf. Good thought tho. Thing is,
30 it errors before it even starts. Complains about blockers and the
31 packages aren't even installed to block anything. Mostly KDE stuff too.
32
33 I'm running the script and will see what it does. Maybe it will fix it
34 since this is its purpose. <Dale crosses fingers> If that doesn't work,
35 I may go back to a bare system and try to start from there. I can then
36 emerge -k and see how long that takes.
37
38 Dale
39