From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: checking whether the C compiler works... no Oooops !!
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 23:42:39
1 Dale writes:
2
3 > Dale wrote:
4 > > On the list of things to do. Running python-updater now will run that
5 > > next.
6
7 > Well, this ain't good. Neither python-updater nor revdep-rebuild can
8 > complete. Either it is a missing package or some other error. Am I to
9 > the point where I have to reinstall?
10
11 Add the --keep-going option for emerge. Python-updater and revdep-rebuild
12 then will continue after an error, and give you a list of packages that
13 failed at the end. You can deal with them later.
14 I also suggest using -j (and --load-average=XX in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS), this
15 gives a nice overview of what's done and what not.
16
17 You need to put '--' before these options for emerge so revdep-
18 rebuild/python-updater will not take them as their own arguments.
19
20 Wonko