From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Install Issue
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 20:15:53
1 CJoeB wrote:
2 > On 10/16/11 08:06, James Broadhead wrote:
3 >
4 > Thanks for the input. This issue is somewhat resolved.
5 >> On 15 October 2011 23:44, CJoeB<colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>> (...)
7 >> If this is your first install, is FrameBuffer (pretty consoles) really
8 >> a vital component of getting your machine up and running?
9 > Not my first install - I've been running Gentoo exclusively since 2004.
10 > Framebuffer is not absolutely necessary I guess, but I really would like
11 > those penguins! What can I say? I'm female and I like animals! LOL
12 >
13 > Anyway, I got past the issue I was having where the boot hung. Now, I'm
14 > on to another issue.
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 >
18 > Colleen
22 Wow, there is a Gentoo lady here. Howdy. < tips hat > I thought I
23 remembered there being one here but wasn't sure.
24
25 Dale
26