From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Install Issue
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 20:21:01
1 On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 15:14:45 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > CJoeB wrote:
5 > > On 10/16/11 08:06, James Broadhead wrote:
6 > >
7 > > Thanks for the input. This issue is somewhat resolved.
8 > >> On 15 October 2011 23:44, CJoeB<colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > >>> (...)
10 > >> If this is your first install, is FrameBuffer (pretty consoles)
11 > >> really a vital component of getting your machine up and running?
12 > > Not my first install - I've been running Gentoo exclusively since
13 > > 2004. Framebuffer is not absolutely necessary I guess, but I really
14 > > would like those penguins! What can I say? I'm female and I like
15 > > animals! LOL
16 > >
17 > > Anyway, I got past the issue I was having where the boot hung.
18 > > Now, I'm on to another issue.
19 > >
20 > > Regards,
21 > >
22 > > Colleen
26 > Wow, there is a Gentoo lady here. Howdy. < tips hat > I thought I
27 > remembered there being one here but wasn't sure.
30 Colleen's been here longer than I have :-)
34 Alan McKinnnon
35 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com