From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Install Issue
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 00:21:51
1 On 10/16/11 16:19, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 15:14:45 -0500
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> CJoeB wrote:
6 >>> On 10/16/11 08:06, James Broadhead wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>> Thanks for the input. This issue is somewhat resolved.
9 >>>> On 15 October 2011 23:44, CJoeB<colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
10 >>>>> (...)
11 >>> Not my first install - I've been running Gentoo exclusively since
12 >>> 2004. Framebuffer is not absolutely necessary I guess, but I really
13 >>> would like those penguins! What can I say? I'm female and I like
14 >>> animals! LOL
15 >>>
16 Well, still no penguins, but I won't belabour that issue. However,
17 something is still screwy, methinks!
18
19 I got X installed and kdebase-meta (haven't gone farther than that)
20 without much of an issue. However, now when I exit my xsession, the
21 screen goes fuzzy coloured before the scrolling of the services shutting
22 down starts. I can live with this, but if anyone has any ideas, let me
23 know.
24
25 BTW, I had forgotten to run 'eselect opengl set ati' which I've always
26 done when configuring X. However, when I do this, it returns
27 'Unrecognized option: ati'
28
29 You all are probably thinking I'm nuts now, but I thought this my solve
30 the issue as stated about. I've checked an rechecked the Gentoo ATI
31 Guide and I've done everything it says.
32
33 Regards,
34
35 Colleen