From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to set in kernel for hi-res console terminal
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 22:46:19
1 On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm starting a new vbox install of gentoo using the minimal ISO from
3 > 07/13
4 >
5 > When it gets to the kernel setup... I cannot figure out what to set
6 > to make my console terminal high resolution. Something along the line
7 > of 1600x1200.
8 >
9 > I understand this can all be done in the kernel now. But cannot
10 > really get a good fix googling on what is needed there.
13 I was unable to figure this out either - can you comment on whether or
14 not Mick's suggestions work for you? The documentation I followed
15 about a year ago didn't seem to work.
16
17 I assume your goal is to have VTs that look like they do on Ubuntu, etc?