From: Davide Carnovale <francesco.davide.carnovale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge stopped working
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 15:40:17
1 Hi all!
2 i was going through a world update today and during --depclean emerge throw
3 an error complaining about possible corrupted binaries or hw failure.
4 since then it has stopped working, no matter what i try to emerge, the
5 command simply return to the shell without any kind of error or any other
6 output at all.
7 i fired and usb stick with the gentoo 11 live dvd and i copied over both
8 bash and emerge binaries to my machine, in case they were corrupted (bash
9 was given as the most likely) but nothing changed.
10 now i simply have no clue on what's wrong and how can i fix it, apart from a
11 full reinstall, which i'd like to avoid.
12
13 can anyone point me somewhere to solve this problem?
14
15 D