From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge stopped working
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 15:55:06
1 On 05/02/2011 05:38:03 PM, Davide Carnovale wrote:
2 > Hi all!
3 > i was going through a world update today and during --depclean emerge
4 > throw
5 > an error complaining about possible corrupted binaries or hw failure.
6 > since then it has stopped working, no matter what i try to emerge,
7 > the
8 > command simply return to the shell without any kind of error or any
9 > other
10 > output at all.
11 > i fired and usb stick with the gentoo 11 live dvd and i copied over
12 > both
13 > bash and emerge binaries to my machine, in case they were corrupted
14 > (bash
15 > was given as the most likely) but nothing changed.
16 > now i simply have no clue on what's wrong and how can i fix it, apart
17 > from a
18 > full reinstall, which i'd like to avoid.
19 >
20 > can anyone point me somewhere to solve this problem?
23 emerge needs Python. Have you tried to invoke Python, just by
24
25 python
26 import portage
27 quit()