From: Davide Carnovale <francesco.davide.carnovale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge stopped working
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 16:06:50
1 @alan, no error are printed, where and what should i look for in the logs?
2
3 @helmut python just returns to the console, without error or effect of any
4 sort, does it means python has get unmerged and that's why emerge doesn't
5 work anymore?
6
7 2011/5/2 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
8
9 > On 05/02/2011 05:38:03 PM, Davide Carnovale wrote:
10 > > Hi all!
11 > > i was going through a world update today and during --depclean emerge
12 > > throw
13 > > an error complaining about possible corrupted binaries or hw failure.
14 > > since then it has stopped working, no matter what i try to emerge,
15 > > the
16 > > command simply return to the shell without any kind of error or any
17 > > other
18 > > output at all.
19 > > i fired and usb stick with the gentoo 11 live dvd and i copied over
20 > > both
21 > > bash and emerge binaries to my machine, in case they were corrupted
22 > > (bash
23 > > was given as the most likely) but nothing changed.
24 > > now i simply have no clue on what's wrong and how can i fix it, apart
25 > > from a
26 > > full reinstall, which i'd like to avoid.
27 > >
28 > > can anyone point me somewhere to solve this problem?
31 > emerge needs Python. Have you tried to invoke Python, just by
32 >
33 > python
34 > import portage
35 > quit()