From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:53:59
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Joerg Schilling wrote:
3 >> Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> On the screen that usually shows the progress, it says "Fatal error at
6 >>> startup: No space left on device." The main screen where I select
7 >>> files
8 >>> shows there is space left. It shows about 1Mb or so left.
9 >>>
10 >>> I also have a much smaller slice for the backup. When I burn it, it
11 >>> gives a error that mkisofs crashed. Go figure. I'm pretty sure I am
12 >>> using the version that failed before.
13 >> Then it seems that you only have a k3b bug that
14 >>
15 >> 1) prevents k3b from knowing that you dpn't have enough space
16 >>
17 >> 2) prevents k3b from correctly reporting the abort reason
18 >>
19 >> did cou contact the k3b people?
20 >>
21 >> Jörg
24 > It is a different prob;em than before. First time I got this error.
25 > I'm going to install the version of cdrtools that was working and see
26 > if it works. Will post the result later today. I got to drive a
27 > tractor for a little while.
28 >
29 > Also worth noting, tkdvd doesn't work either.
30 >
31 > Dale
32 >
33 > :-) :-)
34
35 I tried a older version of k3b and different versions of cdrtools with
36 no change. Also tkdvd doesn't work either. Slightly different error but
37 still doesn't burn.
38
39 Posted on kde mailing list to see if this is some known issues with
40 k3b. Maybe hardware? Maybe I am not holding my mouth right when I
41 click burn?
42
43 Dale
44
46
47 P. S. Also headed to newegg to see what a new burner costs. Jörg, do
48 you have any recommendations on a really good burner that has few issues
49 with software? I hear that some have software issues and figure I may
50 as well avoid that if I need a new one.