From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:07:29
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > I tried a older version of k3b and different versions of cdrtools with
5 > no change. Also tkdvd doesn't work either. Slightly different error but
6 > still doesn't burn.
7 >
8 > Posted on kde mailing list to see if this is some known issues with
9 > k3b. Maybe hardware? Maybe I am not holding my mouth right when I
10 > click burn?
11
12 From one of your former posts, it seems that you have problems with the free
13 space on your disk and the fact that k3b doesn't realise that there is not
14 enough free space.
15
16 > P. S. Also headed to newegg to see what a new burner costs. Jörg, do
17 > you have any recommendations on a really good burner that has few issues
18 > with software? I hear that some have software issues and figure I may
19 > as well avoid that if I need a new one.
20
21 Since NEC/Sony -> Optiarc is fully owned by Sony conce more than a year and
22 since Sony fired people because made wrong assumptions on their market share,
23 I hae no longer any contact to the manufacturing industry.
24
25 Jörg
28 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
29 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)