From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:06:47
1 Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> I tried a older version of k3b and different versions of cdrtools with
7 >> no change. Also tkdvd doesn't work either. Slightly different error but
8 >> still doesn't burn.
9 >>
10 >> Posted on kde mailing list to see if this is some known issues with
11 >> k3b. Maybe hardware? Maybe I am not holding my mouth right when I
12 >> click burn?
13 >>
14 > > From one of your former posts, it seems that you have problems with the free
15 > space on your disk and the fact that k3b doesn't realise that there is not
16 > enough free space.
19 Well whether k3b knows it or not, there is 320Gbs of space left. I did
20 some more testing and the drive really doesn't do anything now. Even
21 hdparm can't read all the info so I ordered a drive about 12 hours ago.
22 I have had this brand before so maybe it will be OK.
23
24 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136144
25
26 I should have it in a couple days. I only live about a 3 hour drive
27 from the newegg warehouse. ;-)
30 >> P. S. Also headed to newegg to see what a new burner costs. Jörg, do
31 >> you have any recommendations on a really good burner that has few issues
32 >> with software? I hear that some have software issues and figure I may
33 >> as well avoid that if I need a new one.
34 >>
35 > Since NEC/Sony -> Optiarc is fully owned by Sony conce more than a year and
36 > since Sony fired people because made wrong assumptions on their market share,
37 > I hae no longer any contact to the manufacturing industry.
38 >
39 > Jörg
43 I thought it worth asking at least. Maybe the one I got will work. I
44 got to check and see if my old one is under warranty too. I haven't had
45 it that long I don't think.
46
47 Thanks much.
48