From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:03:27
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Well whether k3b knows it or not, there is 320Gbs of space left. I did
4 > some more testing and the drive really doesn't do anything now. Even
5 > hdparm can't read all the info so I ordered a drive about 12 hours ago.
6 > I have had this brand before so maybe it will be OK.
7
8 Well, since a while, Linux did follow Solaris and offers tmpfs on /tmp.
9 tmpfs usually has the size of the RAM + sizeof Swap - something.
10
11 Many programs still don't know about this limitation and try to put
12 temporary files of any size into /tmp. Try to reconfigure k3b....
13
14 Jörg
17 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
18 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)