From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The end of
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 19:31:12
1 On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 2:14 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Surely we have a container project now, but no
4 > active cluster herd or project. I think that is very
5 > important, so if one does not materialize, then how
6 > do users (commoners) go about creating one? Please keep
7 > this question in mind as the devs/council solve the final
8 > state of herd_vs_projects.
11 Well, officially projects can be started by any dev. We don't really
12 have a formal process for projects run by users only.
13
14 However, if a bunch of users want to do something serious I wouldn't
15 let that be a reason to stop. By all means self-organize on any of
16 the lists (gentoo-user, gentoo-project, gentoo-dev as appropriate),
17 and if there is something standing in the way of accomplishing
18 something we can see what we can do to facilitate.
19
20 In any FOSS activity the #1 issue tends to be people willing to do the
21 work. If we have that, then there is no reason to let anything else
22 stand in the way. There are devs who are willing to proxy-maintain,
23 and if you just need a dev to put a page up on the wiki to call it a
24 project I'm sure somebody would be willing...
27 Rich